My feedback for Glenn:
- What did you think of the A-B-C format?
It was extremely helpful! The organization and details were very easy and clear to comprehend. Any info about anything was just a click away.
- What did you think of the 4 Messy Hands activities? (Plaster Casting, Sketching in the Garden, Graffiti Writing & Finger Painting)
All mentioned above (except for finger-painting) was completely new to me! I had an amazing time doing all of these projects since my friends list grew, I understood different forms of art and did something new, that I had never done. Especially plaster casting and graffiti that was at Venice beach!
- What did you think of the 4 Life Design activities? (Design Thinking, ePortfolio, Environmental Portrait, vlog)
All of these were extremely helpful. Not just for now, but for future use as well! especially the Design Thinking – where I planned out my future and backups and ePortfolio – which I can show other people about the things I’ve done.
- What did you think of the Student Choice & One More activities?
The Student Choice was probably my most favorite of all the things i’ve done this entire semester! What was a plan of 3 friends turned out to be a massive collaboration between 9 fellow students! We all gathered and made a short film for our project. In just 3 days, we grew very close. One More was also very interesting because I re-did one of my previous projects that I wasn’t as delighted with. I got a chance to make it better!
- What did you think of visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them?
Visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them were all also something that I had yet to experience. Visiting & talking to them was fun as I got to see art projects that different people with different view point, perception and art style created. Blogging was also something I hadn’t done, so sharing my ideas, perception and thoughts were very fun!
- What did you think of using the class website, glenn.zucman.com/i2va, plus your own websites, instead of BeachBoard?
I liked it, it was very different and creative! all the info presented in an accessible way and not difficult to find.
- What did you think of using WordPress for your blog?
WordPress was user friendly therefore, easy to use!
- What did you think of using Wix for your ePortfolio?
Wix is something I had used before, and is still a little user-unfriendly to me. I probably would be better if I had more experience with it.
- What did you think of the guest speakers? (Internships, Study Abroad, etc)
All were helpful as they were providing information about “our” future.
- What did you think of the times in class when we took time to meet new classmates? How many Art110 peeps did you know before the class started? How many do you know now?
They were very helpful. I knew 0 before the class started and I guess I know about 15 now!
- What did you think about having a class with no tests? I don’t just mean “was it cool to not have to take any,” but students use tests to guide their study and participation in a class. Students tend to learn what’s on the test, and to not learn anything that isn’t. Did not having exams make it harder to focus or find importance and relevance in the class?
I agree. I’ve done exams where literally 30 mins after the exam I would forget anything related to the subject matter. I think it’s just like Filmmaking; my major. You learn more by doing rather than reading.
- Any other thoughts?
Glenn was awesome! (I’m not just saying that) He truly was the best “lecturer” I had this entire semester. The class & the subject matter, taking with artists, artsy projects, and especially growing my friends list, was all done in ART110 and it was a fresh and spectacular experience!